Lavamix is a high-temperature refractoriness material that can endure up to 1200⁰C. It is a mix of primary ingredients that can be found in nature, which we were able to mix with our technological infrastructure in order to provide the best possible result.
1) Do It Yourself
Creating your own firebricks can be very simple.
- First, we will provide you with the LAVAMIX in the color of your choice (red, yellow, light/dark grey, black), in the dosage of your choice (5kg, 10kg, 20kg) in a plastic bucket or bag.
- Depending on the amount of #LAVAMIX you have, just add water and stir until fully combined.
- Place the mix on silicone molds of your choice. It is important that you keep both the mix and the molds in a space of stable temperature (18-25⁰C).
- Place the molds on top of a vibrator in order to remove any air that is trapped inside (depending on the tension it usually takes 3-4 min).
- 20 hrs later and after you have made sure the mix is fully dry, add a little more water and let it be absorbed by the mix.
- 4 hrs later remove the firebricks
- 15 days later they are ready to make contact with fire.
For any custom-made orders, we can also provide you with the LAVAMIX firebricks of your choice in palettes (shape, size, color, quantity). Contact us for further information, or to place an order.